Automation network managers still believe that setting up firewalls to isolate the automation network from other external networks will be fully protected. Deceptively, threats often enter the automation network directly through notebooks, removable media, and VPNs, completely bypassing perimeter defense solutions.
A secure automation network must protect not only its perimeter but also its internal network. TI Safe is the first Brazilian company to provide specific solutions for the internal security of industrial networks through professionals from the automation area, with technical recognition and international certifications for SCADA systems security architecture (CSSA).
Industrial firewalls segment control networks into safety zones. They must be installed on all network segments demarcated in an industrial cyber security project. They are configured to inspect network packets to allow only authorized flow to and from the automation network.
Figure: Palo Alto Industrial Firewall PA-220R
- Protection of industrial networks
In its Rugged model, it is indicated for edge safety of electrical substation networks, water treatment stations (ETAs), sewage treatment stations (ETEs), and any other type of critical network in hostile environments.
- Protection of devices without their own security features
Automation devices may not have native security. With the use of automation firewalls, protection layers can be added without the need for updates to existing systems.
- Real-time security
Industrial firewalls enable real-time data traffic to equipment confined to the same security segment.
- Robust design
Suitable for uncontrolled environments with different temperature and humidity levels, it has the following features:
- High availability active / passive and active / active (HA)
- Passive cooling (no fans) to reduce noise and power consumption
- RJ-45 ports with built-in surge protection
- 12-24VDC power inputs for power redundancy.
Protect your control networks from cyber attacks and operational disruptions with the use of Industrial IDS. An Industrial IDS is able to provide security by quickly detecting cyber threats and anomalies in processes, providing unprecedented operational visibility. This solution automatically discovers the assets of the industrial network, including its components, connections and topology. It also develops security and process profiles, in addition to monitoring the system in real time for any changes.
The industrial Intrusion Detection System (IDS) will passively add a layer of security to the company's network, providing:
- Visibility of the industrial automation network, including anomalous behaviors based on artificial intelligence
- Detection of threats, vulnerabilities and incidents based on behavioral deviations and signature bases
- Advanced remediation of environments by structuring detailed diagnoses of security incidents
- Centralized management in distributed networks, in which IDS sensors are integrated in a single view
Figure: Operational Architecture of an Industrial IDS
TI Safe is a certified partner of the main manufacturers of Industrial IDS solutions in the market: